A joint law enforcement operation was conducted by the government forces that resulted to the apprehension of 3 drug personalities, confiscation of Methamphetamine Hydrocloride (Shabu) and recovery of firearms in Barangay Tenan, Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay on March 13, 2019.
Said operation was conducted by the combined elements of the Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit Zamboanga Sibugay Provincial Police Office (PDEU ZSBPPO); Provincial Mobile Force Company, Ipil Municipal Police Station( PMFC, Ipil MPS); Naga Municipal Police Station; Highway PatrolGroup-Ipil (HPG-Ipil); Regional Mobile Force Battalion-9 (RMFB9); Criminal Investigation Detection Group (CIDG) Sibugay; 44th Infantry Battalion, 102nd Brigade; Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Region 9 (PDEA R9); NBI; Wing2-TOG9, PAF; 11 Light Armored Cavalry Troops (11 LACT); 1st Cavalry Division (1st CAV); and intelligence units of the AFP, PNP, PCG, and NBI.
The joint law enforcement operation was conducted against Hashim Sandami, a lawless element under Lawless/Kidnap for Ransom Group leader Barahama Alih.
Sensing the presence of the government forces, target individual and his cohorts fired their guns.
Firefight ensued which lasted for 20 minutes.
No casualties was reported on the government side while on the enemy side it is yet to be determined as pursuit operations are still being conducted.
Initially, 3 personalities were apprehended whose identity are undisclosed for security purposes.
While conducting clearing operation, troops recovered the following items:
• 22 pcs medium plastic heat sealed sachets containing white crystalline substance of suspected shabu
• 1 pc plastic heat sealed sachet containing brownish crystalline substance of suspected shabu
• 1 big plastic heat sealed sachet containing white crystalline substance of suspected shabu
• 1 sack of plastic heat sealed sachet containing white crystalline substance of suspected shabu
• 2 pcs plastic heat sealed sachets containing white crystalline substance of suspected shabu
• 1 unit M16 Rifle
• 1 unit CAL. 45
• 1 unit CAL .40mm Taurus
• 19 pcs .40mm live ammos
• 5 pcs .45 live ammos
• 16 pcs M16 live ammos
• 3 pcs long M16 magazines
• 4 pcs short M16 magazines
• empty plastic transparent sachets believe to be used in illegal drugs
• 1 broken scale
• different kinds of drug paraphernalia
• 2 pcs 20 peso bills
• 1 pc bandolier (olive green)
• 6 pcs jungle hammock
• 2 pcs wallet with verification cards
• 19 bottles of liquid substance labeled .9% sodium chloride
The estimated weight of illegal drugs confiscated is 1.5 kilos with street value of 10.2 Million Pesos.
Seized items and apprehended personalities were turned over to Zamboanga Sibugay Provincial Police Office for proper disposition.
The successful operation was facilitated by the strong coordination of the different law enforcement agencies (Philippine Navy, Philippine Air Force, Philippine Army, PNP, PDEA, CIDG, PCG, NBI, and other participating agencies).
“This recent accomplishment of our troops is very commendable,” said Lieutenant General Arnel B. Dela Vega, Commander of the Western Mindanao Command.
“Rest assured that the Western Mindanao Command through all of the units under its operational control will continue to support all law enforcement operations relative to the War on Drugs campaign of the government,” added LtGen Dela Vega.