Thousands of Shariff Aguak and Datu Saudi Ampatuan residents in Maguindanao benefited from the medical and dental outreach program jointly conducted by the military and the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) regional government office.
The activity was part of the People’s Day in connection with the anniversary celebration of ARMM which aimed at extending free government services to the community in the grassroots level.
On November 28, 2018, People’s Day was conducted at the municipal gym of Shariff Aguak. Services rendered and number of beneficiaries during the activity are as follows:
• Supplemental food feeding – 300 beneficiaries
• Distribution of slippers – 300 beneficiaries
• Medical Check-up – 191 beneficiaries
• Supplemental Food Feeding Activity – three hundred (300) beneficiaries
• Circumcision – (15) beneficiaries
• Random Blood Sugar (RBS) test – 100 beneficiaries
• Dental service – 34 beneficiaries
• Land titling – 10 beneficiaries
• Seedlings distribution –200 beneficiaries
• Agrarian legal clinic –7 beneficiaries
• Eye check-up –26 beneficiaries
• Distribution eye glasses –100 beneficiaries
• Haircut – 10 beneficiaries
• Distribution of grocery items – 80 beneficiaries
• Distribution of malong and hijab – 150 beneficiaries
• Distribution of Islamic calendars – 150 beneficiaries
On the following day (November 29), another outreach program was held at the Municipal Gym of Datu Saudi Ampatuan that benefited the residents of said municipality and of Datu Piang and Datu Salibu.
The following are the results of the activity:
• Supplemental food feeding –200 beneficiaries
• Distribution of free slippers –303 beneficiaries
• Medical check-up –215 beneficiaries
• Circumcision –34 beneficiaries
• Random Blood Sugar (RBS) testing – 50 beneficiaries
• Dental Services – 54 beneficiaries
• Land titling – 7 beneficiaries
• Mahogany seedlings distribution –350 beneficiaries
• Haircut – 80 beneficiaries
• Bloodletting – sixteen (16) donors
• Distribution of Malong and Hijab – 130 beneficiaries
• Distribution of Islamic calendars – 130 beneficiaries
• Distribution of grocery items –303 beneficiaries
The outreach program was participated by the 57th Infantry Battalion and 1st Mechanized Infantry Battalion with the medical and dental team of the 6th infantry Division in coordination with ARMM-Humanitarian Emergency Action Team (HEART) and other ARMM line agencies.
In his message, Major General Cirilito E. Sobejana said that the regional government and the military will continue to serve the people until all the municipalities of Maguindanao will benefit from the services through the conduct of the People’s Day.
Lieutenant General Arnel B. Dela Vega, commander of the Western Mindanao Command lauded the troops of the Joint Task Force Central for their active participation in outreach programs as part of their civil military operations.