In a time when people least expect its occurrence, two bombs explode consecutively at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cathedral in Walled City, Jolo, Sulu, when Catholic believers were attending the regular mass on Sunday (January 27, 2019).
Said explosion resulted in 21 deaths (14 civilians, 6 soldiers, and 1 coast guard) and 100 wounded (84 civilians, 14 soldiers, and 2 coast guards) based on the latest record released at 3pm today (January 29).
Following are the names of the killed victims of the Sulu blast:
- Sergeant Mark Des P. Simbre (Inf) PA- from San Isidro, Isabela
- Corporal John B. Mangawit, Jr. (Inf) PA- from Kalinga
- Corporal Minard Jann P. Ocier (Inf) PA- from Barangay Managok, Malaybalay City, Bukidnon
- Private First Class Alizon L. Ayoman (Inf) PA- from Kolambugan, Lanao del Norte
- Private Hernan U. Bulaybulay (Inf) PA- from Pagadian City
- Private Leomar P. Degumbis(Inf) PA- from Iligan City
- SN2 Jaypee M. Galicha PCG
- Mr. Leo Herbolario
- Ms. Bibing Perpetua
- Mr. Reynaldo Pescadera, Sr.
- Mr. Ridzmar Mukadil
- Mr. Romolo B. Reyes
- Ms. Albacora Perpetua
- Ms. Niseria Dela Cruz
- Ms. Cecilia Sanchez
- Ms. Daisy P. Delos Reyes
- Ms. Dolores S. Tan
- Ms. Fe Non
- Ms. Juliet Jaime
- Ms. Leah Angelica Reyes
- Ms. Chenly Rubio
Eight (8) killed victims, 5 AFP, 1 PCG, and 2 Civilians, were airlifted to Zamboanga City onboard C-130 aircraft on the evening of January 27.
Names of the wounded victims to follow.