More than 1,000 people benefited from the community outreach program of the Naval Forces Western Mindanao in Ozamiz City, Misamis Occidental last January 26.
The Civil-Military Operations Team of the NFWM tapped other military units, the local government unit of Ozamiz City, and other stakeholders during the conduct of the outreach program in Barangay Tabid, Ozamiz City.
The Civil-Military Operations Unit-Western Mindanao listed the number of beneficiaries, to wit:
- Medical consultation- 195 beneficiaries
- Dental check-up and tooth extraction- 163 patients
- Eye check-up and distribution of eyeglasses- 150 individuals
- Free haircut- 145 individuals
- Food feeding- 352 children
- Distribution of sardines and groceries- 400 families
- Free circumcision- 26 children
Barangay Chairman Salvador Canlas and residents of Tabid welcomed Rear Admiral Rene Medina, the NFWM Commander, during the said event.
Following are the units involved in the outreach program:
- Civil Military Operations Unit-WM
- Marine Battalion Landing Team 11
- Marine Battalion Landing Team 3
- Reservists under Naval Reserve Center – Western Mindanao (NRCen-WM)
- BRP Waray (LC 288)
- Medical Team from Kuta Heneral Cesar Sang-an Station Hospital, 1st “Tabak” Division, Philippine Army
- PNP Ozamiz City and stakeholders from MEGA Global Inc.
- YL Fishing Corp.
- Universal Canning Corp.
- Crystal Clear Vision Eye Center
- Venus Salon
- members of the Philippine Navy Ozamiz Batch 1976
- Ozamiz City Health Office
- Medical doctors and dentists from Mount Malindang Eagles Club
- doctors from Ciudad Medical de Zamboanga
- ADONA Medical Clinic
- Mayor Hilarion Ramiro Sr. Medical Center
- Radio Emergency Communication Operation Network (RECON)
- Jollibee-Ozamiz City Branch
- Tropical Pension House also provided accommodation to the Fleet-Marine Team and volunteers.
“Despite the threat in security posed by the adversaries, these men and women of the Philippine Navy, with its volunteer-stakeholders, still showed commitment to serve and bring basic services directly to the people of Barangay Tabid,” said Rear Admiral Medina.