Troops tighten security after blast hits Isulan town

Military troops heightened security operations after anti-personnel mines exploded at Carlitos Chicken House along a national highway in Barangay Kalawag 2, Isulan, Sultan Kudarat at 3:15pm on April 3.

Said explosion resulted in the injury of 18 civilians, who are currently being treated at different hospitals in Isulan. Three underwent surgery and the rest incurred minor injuries.

“We intensified our intelligence operations to apprehend the perpetrators and to thwart further hostilities. On the other hand, the local government and other stakeholders were mobilized to bring back normalcy,” said Major General Cirilito Sobejana, JTF Central Commander.

According to the JTF Central, the owner of Carlitos Restaurant received an extortion letter but failed to report the same to authorities last week.

Military and police forces cordorned the incident site. Authorities further reviewed CCTV footages to get some leads.

The Explosive Ordnance Disposal team, meanwhile, conducted panelling for possible emplacements of additional anti-personnel mines.

“We condemn this nefarious act committed against the innocent and peace-loving people of Mindanao. Thus, austere security measures are implemented by our forces to thwart terror ploys against non-military targets in the area,” said Lieutenant General Arnel Dela Vega, Western Mindanao Command chief.

“While we keep guard, we acknowledge the cooperation and vigilance of civilians in the area,” he added.

“We further extend all efforts to identify and capture the perpetrator in order to serve justice,” said Lieutenant General Dela Vega.

Meanwhile, troops from the JTF Central heavily engaged BIFF members in Liguasan Marsh yesterday morning.

The gunfight yielded to the death of Ali Abdul Mali, brother of Abu Turaifei, Daulah Islamiya Commander.

“Our focused military operations against peace spoilers and private armed groups in Liguasan, areas of Salibu-Pagatin-Mamasapano and Shariff Aguak, Maguindanao, and other parts of the area of responsibility are sustained to ensure a secure and peaceful midterm election on May 13,” said Major General Sobejana.

Lieutenant General Dela Vega said, with Mali’s death, the military delivered a massive blow on the Daulah Islamiya.

“We are motivated to continue our offensives to crush terrorists behind atrocities in Mindanao,” he added.Joint

Leave a Reply